Thursday, October 31, 2013

Wonder Woman Likes My Page!

When I started the Keep Austin Nursing in Public Facebook page, I used a breastfeeding Wonder Woman photo  as my profile picture.  I couldn't find the original source, I only knew that


I LOVE it!  It's such an empowering photo!  And there's the whole "I make milk, what's your super power?" tie in, not to mention the fact that NOBODY's going to ask Wonder Woman to nurse in a private room!  Lovelovelove it!

Well yesterday, WONDER WOMAN LIKED MY PAGE!!!

I got a message, "Lol That's my picture you have as your default."

And I thought, "Oh my gosh, oh mygosh, ohmygosh!!!  WONDER WOMAN!"

I looked at her name on the message, checked the recent likes - there it was.  And I thought, "WONDER WOMAN LIKES MY PAGE!"  (Yes, I know I just said that.  It bears repeating.)

This was about as exciting as when I met Jessica The Leaky Boob or when I had a guest post on The Badass Breastfeeder.  I was chatting with WONDER WOMAN!


Wonder Woman - Sundri Balani is her actual name - told me that the photo was taken by her friend Jennifer Gabriele on Halloween 2010.  They were trying to get a family photo but Sundri took a break to nurse, and her friend snapped the picture.  Her son, Sirius, is now 3 and a half.  She said she nursed him anywhere and everywhere for three years.  And this Halloween she's nursing her new three-week-old baby, and is already donating her breastmilk!




She said she's flattered that the picture is going around and that, although it was unintentional, it serves to empower women to nurse their babies as it was meant to be.  I'm thankful that the picture exists for the same reason!

Thank you, Sundri, and congratulations on your new baby!








Share your Halloween, breastfeeding, and breastfeeding on Halloween
photos on my Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment