Thursday, November 29, 2012

Not Everybody Facebooks?!! or Here Are Our Speeches

I learned recently that not everyone Facebooks.  What the what?  How do you get by in life?  :)  I suppose maybe that means you have time for laundry and maybe even cooking then, huh?  I Facebook like it's my part-time job - which could explain Mount Laundry on the couch...

Anyways, we posted our speeches at the school board meeting on fb, so for you non-Facebookers, here it is:

 

Pssst: You can subscribe to our YouTube channel, don't ya know.

Our speakers, in order of appearance, are me (Krisdee Donmoyer), my husband Adam Donmoyer, Marianne Baker, Lauren Reyes, Kristine Keller, Megan Buchanan mentions agreeing with us, and our last speaker is Alexia Haywood.

We also had several supporters in the audience - Nancy Mychasiw (who watched our children - I love her so much for that!), Jessica Murillo and Brandon Lee and their son, Melissa Alvarado, Aidan Reyes, and Janet Jones.

Several of us were there as representatives of our local breastfeeding coalition, Central Texas Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition and also from Breastfeeding Moms of Austin.

And this is what we - a bunch of parents, mostly - pulled off with less than 48 hours notice (we initially thought the meeting was the 4th Monday of November, not the 3rd), after 9 o'clock at night on a school night the week of Thanksgiving.  Booyah!

2 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right: booyah! Congratulations on a job well done. You all were well-spoken. You are doing important work by normalizing breastfeeding in Austin! Go, parents, go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job at Citizens Communication! I just got an email about your petition from change.org & posted it on my FB page too. I have an Austin ISD Elementary student also, can't believe this policy exists!!

    ReplyDelete